PagesList

Friday, September 27, 2013

Greens are good for you!



Over the past few weeks, I've been obsessing over an absolutely delicious SALAD !
My obsession stems not so much from the general healthiness of the leafy greens but rather from the oh so yummy additions...






Now, photogenic as it may be, I don't like feeling like a bunny rabbit when I eat, so I usually cut my greens a bit smaller than what you would normally see around the web and restaurants. There is nothing more annoying than trying to fit a leaf the size of your fist into your mouth.







The punch line of this salad is the cranberries! Their mild sweetness is the perfect supplement to this salad's sour-salty vinaigrette. We've enjoyed this salad many times over the past few weeks.



Green Salad with Cranberries


Ingredients:
5 large lettuce leaves
80 g spinach leaves
a handful of sunflower sprouts
3 tbsp dried cranberries (I use the ones with added sugar)

2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
1/4 tsp salt

Method:
Wash both sets of leaves thoroughly, we do not want any proteins in the salad. Cut them up to a large yet comfortable bite size. Place the leaves in a salad bowl, along side the (washed) sprouts and cranberries.

Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the salad. Stir well so that everything is covered with vinaigrette. Bon appetit!





Save this recipe to your Recipe Box --> Yum

1 comment:

I love comments! What's on your mind ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...